5 Quick Facts About Down SyndromeJune 12, 2017
DSFN EARLY CLOSURE OF TERM AS A RESULT OF SUSPICIOUS VIRUS
The Down Syndrome Foundation Of Nigeria wishes to inform all parents, stakeholders and members of the public that its educational center and hostel will be closing on Friday, 14th July, a week earlier ahead of its scheduled term break.
This is coming because some of the students have come down with some alimentary medical conditions. The Lagos State Government has been contacted and currently undertaking a thorough investigation into the incident which started last weekend.
The Foundation, since Monday 3rd July took the following steps to address the situation:
- The affected students were admited into a Lagos Hospital for treatment and investigation
- The students who were not affected are however still being observed and also are on preventive medication
- These students will be released to return home on Friday, 14th July ,by which time the investigations and treatment would have been completed.
- As at Tuesday, 4th July most of the students stablized and responded positively to treatment except for one of them. Unfortunately, this particular student passed on at about 20:15 pm on Tuesday 4th The family had been notified.
- Today, Wednesday July 5th, all the other students have been discharged from the hospital
- The Lagos State Government public health officials and the hospital itself are looking thoroughly into the situation and the actual cause
- The Down Syndrome Foundation wishes to assure the general public that there is no cause for alarm as prompt measures have been taken to ensure the situation is not escalated
MUYIWA MAJEKODUNMI AKIN OPEODU
VICE-PRESIDENT/ADMINISTRATOR CHAIRMAN, BOARD OF TRUSTEES